How Technology Has Improved Direct Mail Services
Technology has made direct mail services more convenient than ever before. You now have many options when it comes to the way that you use direct mail services as a communication and marketing strategy to attract the attention of prospects and existing customers and drive more conversions.
Here are some of the ways how technology has improved direct mail services:
- Increased Efficiency Due To The Use Of Advanced Automation Equipment
In today’s modern world, marketing teams have started to incorporate automation to boost their marketing efforts. This also applies when you use direct mail services. Before, the traditional direct mail has been a slow, manual marketing process. But, with the use of advanced automation equipment, the process becomes more efficient because it allows you to send mail campaigns which are highly personalized and eye-catching.
Typically, when you use modern direct mail technology, you can automate the process by creating targeted and highly segmented direct mail lists based on the customer data you have. For example, you can use an advanced automation equipment or production process like variable data printing to allow you to change the color, text, or graphics for each piece.
Also, with the help of this automated equipment, you can personalize your advertising material by adding the recipient’s name, promotional messages, and even a localized map of your store. In other words, this printing methods and equipment let you target your recipients without incurring any delay in the printing process, thereby increasing the efficiency of your overall campaign.
In addition to personalized printing, you can also take advantage of advanced automation equipment to add audio to your direct mail. You can incorporate a welcoming sound that plays when the recipient opens the letter. This can be the perfect way to take your direct mail marketing campaign to the next level.
- Integration With Digital Marketing Strategies
An effective direct mail service can be integrated with your existing digital marketing strategies. While they both provide favorable results on their own, there are many reasons why you should consider this multi-channel integration of digital marketing and direct mail. One of these is the fact that they can help you hold onto your existing customer base plus further expand your customer reach.
Here’s how you can do this:
- QR Codes – Digital elements like QR codes can be added into the design of your mailing. For example, your recipient can easily scan the QR code to access a landing page where they can avail of exclusive discounts and offers, including a call-to-action. Generally, a call-to-action is essential to your marketing efforts because it’s one of the best reasons you can give your customers to visit your site. Without giving them an offer that they can’t resist, they’ll never bother to visit your site.
- URLs – Aside from the QR code, you can also highlight a specific URL in your direct mail package that encourages them to visit for discounts and other exciting offers. All they have to do is copy the URL and they’ll be directed to a particular page where they can encourage to do business with you.
- USB Web Keys – While you can always provide your recipient with an URL to take them to your direct mail correspondence, you can’t be certain that they’ll make an effort to type it into the web browser. Instead, you can integrate USB web keys to your direct mail campaigns to make the process much easier. Your customers will simply connect the device into their computers and they’ll have direct access to your content. This is a great example of how technology has transformed the way businesses take advantage of direct mail services.
- Increased Efficiency In Measuring Success Rate Due To The Use Of Innovative Tracking Tools
Typically, using direct mail services contributes nothing to your business if you don’t know your customers’ reactions after receiving a direct mail package. This is where advancements in technology come to the rescue. They’ve provided increased efficiency in measuring the success rate of using a direct mail service.
With the advent of tracking and direct mail tools and analytics, you’re able to measure the success rate as well as the impact of your campaign to your business and customers. By using these innovations, you can also quickly and efficiently assess your ROI, calculate your conversion rate, and respond to different market changes.
Technology has changed dynamics of mailing services. It has made the process efficient, resourceful, trackable, and able to reach a wider audience. Therefore, if you want to unleash the power of direct mail services using technology, keep the information mentioned above in mind to transform the way you handle your direct mail marketing campaigns.