Why You Need QR Code for Your Business and How to Make One
A quick response (QR) code is a two-dimensional barcode, usually a square image containing information that is retrieved by scanning to reveal more information. They are fast to read with a greater storage capacity compared to standard barcodes.
QR codes contain more information that is in encrypted characters. They also hold different kinds of data such as location, images, and phone numbers, among others. Below we look at various reasons why you need a QR code for your business and how to make one.
Your Clients Get Instant Information
Users want instant and fast information, with anything slow and time-consuming being frowned upon. QR codes provide information instantly without the hassle of finding the specific website or pages. They also promote faster interaction and engagement. They make it easy to transfer necessary information to users instantly.
Access to More Information
When clients scan the QR code, it gives them access to other information on your other products and services in an instance. This increases the conversion rate leading to more sales. This is regardless of where the code is placed. It could be in a magazine, a newspaper, or a web page.
You Can Measure Performance Metrics
By incorporating a tracking functionality on your QR code, you can tell the number of people interacting with it. It also enables you to measure your performance metrics.
Provides Detailed Information
It’s easy to find detailed information about your business by just scanning the code. Clients can easily find metrics such as location, contacts, social media pages, email, app stores, images, and V- cards without the hassle of searching through your web pages.
Aids in Counterfeit Detection
If any of your products are counterfeited, you can use QR codes to help clients identify the authenticity of a product before they purchase. All a client needs is to scan the serialized code, and they get a message confirming whether the product is genuine or not. You may add more security by embedding a watermark on your QR code image.
Security and Electronic Authentication
You can use a QR code to generate one-time passwords (OTP) if you need electronic authentication. This is very common when logging into websites or using online payment methods as a way of tightening security. Usually, a QR code is shown on a specific page, and if a verified smartphone scans it, access is allowed.
How to Make a QR Code
There are two ways to make a QR code. You can use a QR code generator or select the share option on the Google Chrome mobile app.
Using a QR Code Generator
- Go to any QR code generator website using any browser
- Enter the URL for the website you want to create a QR code for. You may also upload a file such as a map or a menu
- Customize your code in terms of color, frame, shape, and other options if need be.
- Download the QR code. The code appears on your downloads, and you can share it with your intended audience
Using Google Chrome App
For Android Phone Users
- The easier way to create a QR code is to use Google chrome.
- First, navigate to the website you are creating the app for using Google Chrome
- Tap the three dots on the top right corner
- Tap share and select QR code
- Beneath the QR code, tap download. This enables you to save the code to your device.
- You can send the downloaded code through various mediums
Using an Ipad or iPhone
- First, navigate to the specific website you need to create a code for
- On the top right corner, tap the share button symbol. The symbol looks like a square with an arrow pointing upwards.
- You can share with your intended audience
QR codes have revolutionized how business is conducted in the 21st century, and the good news is you don’t need to go through a difficult coding process to come up with one. You can easily generate one for your business.