Tips for Setting up your Very First Office
If your business has already reached the stage where you need to lease some office space, you are to be congratulated, and designing office space is most definitely an art. Functionality is all-important when thinking of a layout, and with that in mind, here are a few tips to help you design an office that meets all of your requirements.
- Digitalise and store on the cloud – This really is a must, as there are so many benefits to storing all your essential data on the cloud – authorised staff can access files from any location – and with every document scanned and stored in the right folder, you can eliminate bulky filing cabinets once and for all. If, for example, you have 7 workstations, all employees can instantly access anything they need with a few clicks of the mouse, rather than having to find the original document in a filing cabinet, and the time this saves will boost office productivity.
- Think Open-Plan – If you talk to a leading office fitout contractor such as Express Fitouts, they have their own design team and can show you a few open-office layouts, which will encourage staff dialogue. The open plan design is the most popular because it encourages people to communicate and share their ideas, which often results in benefits for the company, and once the fitout contractor knows your budget, they have something to work with and can usually accommodate the client.
- Contract Carpet & Furniture – Rather than investing heavily in carpet and furniture, you can find a provider than offers contract leasing, which is a much cheaper way of setting up your office. This way, furniture is automatically replaced at set intervals, changing the ambience, which is an important employee motivator. Here are a few tips to brighten up your office, which might be useful in the future.
- Think of the Future – In order to avoid a relocation in a couple of years, make sure that your office space is adequate to expand a little, and you make the most out of what you have by enlisting the services of a premier office fitout contractor or European Leather Gallery, who would be able to design an optimum layout. You might not require an addition 5 or 6 workstations now, but in the future, this might be a necessity, so plan ahead to avoid extra expense.
- Business Communication – If you have your own cloud-based network, you can run VoIP communication software, which is far cheaper than using the telephone, plus you can have video conferences with staff and customers. Indeed, all of your employees can communicate with each other from any location and in real-time, plus you can monitor who is making calls to who and the durations. This will be a massive saving and that money can be put to good use with a marketing campaign. Here is some Australian government information about business communication, which is a must-read for any novice entrepreneur.
Once you think you have found the perfect venue, talk to an established office fitout company, and they can help turn your concept into a highly functional office.