How to start a cell phone accessory business?
The mobile phone has become essential for people all over the world. Mobile phones are so deeply embedded in our lives and lifestyle that it has seemingly become impossible to function without them. With the increased usage of mobiles, the demand for accessories continues to grow. The uses of mobile phone accessories are limitless. They help not just in protecting the devices but also in increasing their efficiency. Hence, launching a mobile phone accessories business is a lucrative idea in this age and era of the internet and mobile phones.
As is understood from above, the cell phone accessory business could be highly profitable, but mind you, this booming business is also high in the competition. While the internet is no less filled with online stores and websites selling these products. You may find that there are a lot of kiosks located in the malls and public areas to sell these products. Having a healthy amount of competitors could be an indicator of success in your business.
However, suppose you can find a location with limited competition or create an online presence that outshines your competitors. In that case, you can build a profitable small business selling cell phone accessories. There are several aspects to starting your cell phone accessory store.
Steps to follow to launch your cell phone accessory business
- Analyze your market: Do not get disheartened with the amount of competition available in the market. This is also a good sign that your business could flourish if you invest in the right kind of strategies. Understand the market and introduce products that are not already available in the market. Keep updating your catalog with unique products.
- Devise and examine your business plan: A good business plan is a route map or flowchart for your entire business journey. Your business plan is a written document with all the details of objectives, goals, and plans devised to achieve these. Though your business plan is reviewed and updated systematically, it helps us stay rooted and grounded towards the main objectives of the business. A good business plan will also have all the elements like executive summary, products and services, budget, financial planning, marketing strategy, and analysis.
- Finding the right location for your business: You must locate your business in a prime area with a high-traffic zone. Initially, you may start your business with a kiosk in a mall or plaza accessible to the masses and is not heavy on your pocket.
- Decide on Capital: Irrespective of the size or location of your business, you need to invest a lot of energy in generating the capital. Your business plan could give you an approximate idea of the investment required to kick start your business. You can raise money for your business by taking a loan or from your credit card or savings.
- Understand the legalities: You would have to get a business license to run your store online or offline. Check your state and national regulation and be thorough with all the legal procedures.
- Choose a supplier: Getting a supplier who could provide your business with high-quality material is extremely important. In business, reputation is everything. Selling low-quality products or your stock is not up to date with changing market trends, or you cannot deliver products on time, all of these could cost your business a lot in the long run. Hence choose your supplier diligently, taking all of these factors into consideration.
- Payment mode: you should ensure that your customers can pay quickly through available options, hence making their shopping experience easy and comfortable.
- Make your online presence known: Even though you have a direct store, we recommend that you launch yourself on the online market as well. Use the power tool of social media marketing to increase your online customer outreach.
- Get Feedback: All of us tend to make mistakes. But it is essential to learn from the mistakes. Keep a record of customer feedback that involves both good and bad experiences with your store. This feedback will increase the quality of your services.
The mobile phone accessories business is fast-changing and booming. Customers are always looking for newer and unique products that make their phone utilization special. Some of the popular accessories are mentioned below.
Cases: When we mention mobile phone accessories, the cases come first to our mind. These cases come in a variety of attractive colors and designs. They are easy to source and have great potential in the growing market. The cases come in different types like the Tough case, silicone, bumper, folio or wallet cases, and tough cases. These will not only protect your phone but also add an appealing visual.
Earphones and Headphones: They are available in both wired and wireless options. They are a perfect accompaniment that adds an excellent stylish look along with their exceptional functionality.
Phone Camera Lenses and Smart Flash: Nothing beats the comfort of using a phone camera that takes pictures that could give a tough competition to a DSLR camera. These portable, compact lenses can be attached to your phone camera with a magnetic ring.
USB cables: With the increased use of android phones, USB cables have become a must have essential accessory for the phones. It takes a lot of time to find a reliable USB cable supplier. As a leading USB cable manufacturer, ByteCable can provide you with high-quality USB cables. These USB cables also known as Universal Serial Bus cables are found everywhere right from charging the smartphones, tablets, cameras and laptops. Although these USB cables come in different shapes and sizes they have the same function. We all have heard about Types C, but here are some of the other USB cables and their functionality. The Type A is famous for its use in transferring data from computers, to plug into wall chargers or while connecting various devices like smart phones, cameras and keyboards. The Type B is known for its use in connecting with printers and scanners. Mini USB is used for connecting with older gadgets like cameras, MP3 players and game controls. Micro USB is quick to replace the mini USB, as it connects with few cheaper smart phones and other accessories like bluetooth speakers, smart watch charging and wireless earphones. Type C is the famous, all in one kind of charger as it has become the standard for mobile devices. The biggest advantage of it is faster data transfer rates and its reversibility.
Mobile screen tempered glass: This heat, scratch, and shock resistant accessory will decrease the chances of your screen breaking whenever it falls.
Selfie Stick: This mobile accessory used in taking pictures can take your phone image gallery to the next level. The selfie stick facilitates taking pictures at angles and distances that are not accommodated by human arm range.
Power bank: This electronic accessory is used in providing portable power to charge items like mobile phones, Bluetooth headsets, and any other such devices with a USB interface.
Only a few products from the list of inexhaustible list of mobile phone accessories can be mentioned here. These include other accessories like Tripod, Mobile Screen Lamination, Batteries, and Chargers, Charging brick, USB cable, Bluetooth, Bluetooth speakers, Bluetooth cable, HDMI cables, and car charging bricks.