Billing and Invoicing Apps – Small Business Owners Weigh In (2019)
The other day on Google+ I asked some fellow members of an Entrepreneurial community what invoicing and billing applications they were using in their business. Here is what they replied back with:
It’s safe to say from this feedback the majority of them are using Quickbooks for their online accounting and billing systems.
However, I am currently using Invoicely – which in my opinion is an amazing free billing application. This leads me to the topic of today’s blog post:
What are some of the best billing and invoicing applications for Small Business?
Here are my top 5 picks:
When it comes to creating and managing invoices, there are genuinely few tools that make the process as quick and painless as Envoice. Their UX is also something which separates them from the competition.
Integration with the major global payment providers: PayPal, Square, Payoneer, Stripe;
Support of multiple currencies;
Multiple tax settings;
Data security and safety;
Price: FREE for 14 days, after that 3 pricing plans are available:
1.5 Invoicely – Thus far, this application is “numero uno” on my list for small business billing and invoicing apps.
It’s a cloud accounting application (meaning you can access your account from anywhere in the world) as long as you have an internet connection.
- Invoices are sent via email
- Manage and tracking of all invoices from a single dashboard
- Ability to accept online credit card payments using our PayPal account
- You can send unlimited invoices to unlimited clients for free
- Automatic and recurring invoice features available
- You can send and receive invoices using your Android, IPhone and IPad
- Send invoices to your clients as PDF’s via email
2. Wave Accounting – I’ve just recently discovered this cloud accounting application. It too is free for use.
• Invoices are sent via email
• Ability to accept online credit card payments
• Payment tracking for partial payments and overdue invoices
• Includes automated reminders on late payments
3. Quickbooks (Intuit) – The most popular and widely recognized billing and invoicing application for small businesses. Quickbooks is currently the #1-rated small business financial software.
• Ability to access and update your invoices from a single dashboard
• Send automated invoices to your customers
• Accepts Credit Card Payments via your invoices
• Sales and Expense Tracking
• Features that allow you to pay your employees
Price: $12.95 per month for 1 user
4. FreshBooks – The #1 “Cloud Accounting App” for Small Businesses. FreshBooks is definitely a leader in not only cloud accounting, but offers top notch customer support.
• Send and receive invoices from anywhere in the world
• Accept credit card payments via twelve payment gateways: PayPal, Authorize.net, PSI Gate, BluepayGo, ITransact, First Data, 2Co,Google Checkout, and more
• Setup recurring and automated invoices
• Schedule late payment reminders
• Timesheet tracking available for your employees
• Expense reporting
• Send invoices to your clients as PDF’s
Price: FREE for 30 days, $19.95 per month for unlimited invoicing
5. Blinksale – An additional rock star cloud based billing application for small businesses. I have used this application before and it really is very nice and easy to use.
• Management of your invoices from a single dashboard
• Customizable invoice templates
• Setup recurring invoice and automated payments
• Send invoices to your clients as PDF’s via email
• Send estimates to your prospective customers for projects
• Accept online credit card payments
Price: $15.00 per month for unlimited invoicing
So tell us, what online invoicing apps are you guys using in your business? I would love for you to share that info with us. Thanks!