5 Tips for Using an Autoresponder for Small Business Marketing
Email Marketing is one of the best strategies that you can use in your business to communicate with your customers on a regular basis and build a list of qualified prospects.
One of the must-have features of an email marketing service is an Autoresponder.
What is an Autoresponder?
Autoresponders are simply a sequence of pre-scheduled email messages that you can send to your email subscribers in a certain order and frequency—that you determine.
As one of my favorite blogs Copyblogger stated in one of their posts, “An Autoresponder is the lazy marketer’s best friend”.
Tips for Using an Autoresponder for Small Business
If you are new to autoresponders and would like to use them for email marketing in your small business, here are a few tips for doing so:
1. Find a good email marketing service provider. My email marketing service provider of choice is Aweber and for these reasons:
- The service is affordable (only $19.00 a month). You can actually try out Awebers autoresponder service for only ($1).
- Customer service is top notch
- Awebers autoresponder feature is very easy to setup and use
- Aweber is ranked #1 in email deliverability
2. Brainstorm to decide what content you want to add to your Autoresponders. A few ideas for content that you can add to your autoresponder series include:
- A How to Guide series (related to a hot topic in your niche)
- Customer appreciation emails (that highlight your best customers)
- A series of weekly tips
- An eCourse on a topic if your choice
3. Create Content for your Autoresponder. After you have figured out what content you want to send to your email subscribers, add your content to your autoresponders.
4. Schedule your follow-up messages to your email list via your autoresponder service.
For example, if you are planning to send a 5-part email series of “how-to-tips”, you can schedule your messages out as follows:
- Email 1: Sent Immediately to subscribers after they optin to your email list
- Email 2: Sent 3 Days after Email 1
- Email 3: Sent 5 Days after Email 2
- Email 4: Sent 4 Days after Email 3
- Email 5: Sent 3 Days after Email 4
5. Track your performance. Now that you have created your email marketing autoresponder sequence, it’s a good idea to track your performance and make adjustments where necessary.
As previously mentioned, using an autoresponder as a part of your email marketing strategy is a great way to engage with your current customers, convert leads to sales and even generate repeat business.
So what are you waiting for? Create your email marketing autoresponder series today with using tips.
PS. Here is a video tutorial for setting up email autoresponders with Aweber. Enjoy!
Try AWeber’s Autoresponders for $1