All you need to know about the anatomy of the Demand Side Platform
Are you looking for an ad tech software framework that is diverse enough to allow marketers, publishers, and agencies to purchase advertisements (banners, video, digital, web, and search advertisements) algorithmically from marketplaces? Every champ in the advertisement world wants the creativity to touch bullseye. Even though only a few understand which platform or weapon is better suited for getting it there. So how would they do that, because it wraps its strong nature behind inedible aspects? The Demand Side Platform is the best choice for you. Did you know that this platform is now becoming immensely powerful as they require marketers to purchase ad clicks on publisher assets (websites, smartphone devices, etc.) from several ad inventories in real-time?
So, do you have an idea of how this powerful platform helps advertisers and marketers in monitoring their campaign programmatically? Read out the below points.
- It connects and interacts with SSPs to receive ad impressions on websites or devices of publishers
- It helps in optimizing the marketing budget so that you can achieve and hit the maximum ROI
- It aligns and collaborates with third-party platforms to enhance targeting functionality, deter ad theft and control payment transactions
- Monitoring the metrics and generate a report based on advertising metrics.
Okay, so why is the Demand-side platform important?
So it is observed that historically there was a middle man who sold digital ads. And this process was quite expensive and was not budget-friendly. Demand Side Platform helps the advertisers to make the process a bit cheaper and affordable by eliminating the concept of a third party or a middle man.
The key features
- Transparency is the main key to the evaluation and analysis of the DSP. With a full range of reports online, you can automate and optimize your strategies, campaigns, and get on the track to the productivity of authentic online advertising.
- Secondly, it comes to the concept of Queries per second (QPS). Queries per second (QPS) is a metric that represents how many times a DSP is called upon to enable an ad placement bid to hit a customer. A higher QPS reflects the level and intensity of bids being evaluated and acted upon. It’s a straightforward matter of numbers and statistics: the larger the size of an ad – the larger the impact of the bidding that it can push. Moreover, what it does is to provide you with decision algorithms with more detail. After making a bid to meet a single customer at a specific price, the DSP discovers whether the request was approved. If the offer is not approved, the DSP will be informed that a higher price will be needed to win future bids. Furthermore, several DSPs have weak traffic sorting options that imply they can bid on several ad exchanges on the traffic of a certain publisher. The high percentage of QPS indicates duplicate-free impressions.
- Now comes the part of Real-time analytics. Do you know what it does? DSP configuration and the interface will be as close to real-time as possible- what you need is the statistical data analysis to examine the success and progress of the campaign. Start deciding if “real-time” is important to your company and question DSPs that you are considering using, how high is the analytics latency or delay.
- Okay, now what about the budgeting and pricing details? The cost of having a DSP also depends on the scale or size of a campaign you want to run, depending on the platform’s advertising expenditure that you contribute. Many DSPs charge a reasonable fee while others have an option of commission on volume.
What is White Label DSP?
White Label DSP ensures you could use and customize a completely designed approach to your advertisement needs: colors, logo, brand image, and other personalized elements. Customization requires minimal investment, and you can focus on your business targets and promotional strategies and campaigns rather than creating your alternative. Without any service providers, you can link to several SSPs, maximize your traffic capacity and automate your promotions from one unified network. White Label DSPs operate with complete accountability in 99 percent of cases when you monitor the channels from which your traffic originates.
Why White Label DSP is a distinctive approach then Ad Network
The advent of ad networks in the programmatic industry is a game-changer. Before it arose, marketers needed to establish individual partnerships with each distributor, which was generally very time-consuming. Ad networks took on all the hard work and offered marketers’ broader scope & additional revenue opportunities for publishers.
Already most marketers who trade advertisements programmatically deal with marketing networks and platforms. Such programmatic advertisement firms act as intermediaries that link randomized publishers and marketers focused on segments of pre-constructed viewers and audiences. They are corporations with their agendas, they markup cost for inventory so they don’t grant you complete control of your promotions. That is the fundamental difference between an ad network and a DSP. A DSP is an algorithmic framework that you can develop on your own and use as a SaaS approach, whereas an ad network is a community of intermediaries that run ads and campaigns without giving you complete control.
So, the core concentration and main focus of an ad network are on reselling impressions. Through this process, the ultimate source of your traffic and audience is unspecified and unknown. This raises the risk of false and fraudulent impressions. This doesn’t bring any benefit to your company. But when the advertiser approaches DSP, a DSP removes this risk by compressing and limiting the media purchasing chain to only three parties: advertiser, DSP-SSP and distributor. Ad networks strive to be robust in targeting capabilities. Advertising companies are limited to choose from divisions of the potential market. Conversely, advertisers with DSPs can meet their target audience by implementing their targeting parameters and criteria.
There’s no denying that Demand-Side Systems were built to help transform promotional campaigns into even more effective operation, not only helping the businesses who operate them, but also the customers who would receive them.
Demand-Side Platforms bring you the organization and affordability that’s much necessary to manage your campaign in a much more dynamic, competitive and emerging environment.