Well Drinks To Include On Your Bar Menu
These drinks are not often on drink menus, but they are ordered daily in. Restaurants and barsAll across the nation. They are made often with only a few ingredients, and the familiar names of these well drinks serve a purpose.
Bar and nightclub management
This video shows you Small Biz Sense’s ability to support bars or nightclubs in streamlining their processes and delivering seamless, memorable service.
What is a well drink?
These simple drinks can be called house drinks or well drinks. They are usually made with one to two spirits and a soft beverage. They are made with the bar’s least expensive alcohols, or well liquors.
A long, narrow bin that looks like a well is kept behind the bar.
Each bar should have their well, at minimum, stocked with an inexpensive brand of vodka, rum, gin, whiskey and tequila—along with a variety of sodas, juices, fruit garnishes and mixes to accompany them.
What to do when you want well-ordered drinks
A bartender is likely to make guests a well-drink, unless the guest requests a particular brand.
The bartender can create a drink from well gin if guests ask for just a gin-and-tonic. If the guest requests a Tanqueray with tonic, however, the bartender may use a higher-end brand and it will be more expensive.
Bars that offer well-crafted drinks are a boon
A lower price for alcohol and simpler ingredients means that the cost of these brands is less. MarginYour bartender can prepare well drinks much quicker and more efficiently, which will allow them to offer more drinks at their bar and increase the number of customers.
The Well Drinks List: What should you add to your bar’s menu
Here are the top-ordered drinks, broken down by type of alcohol. A good bartender must be capable of making these drinks quickly and without thinking.Two ounces each of well liquor is sufficient to make them ty-free.
Vodka well drinks
- Vodka Soda Serve with a wedge of lime.
- Vodka Cranberry:With a lime wedge. Also known as a “Cape Codder” in the Northeast.
- Screwdriver:Vodka, orange juice
- Moscow MuleVodka, ginger ale, and lime juice are all often served in a copper cup.
- Bloody MaryVodka, Bloody Mary Mix, Salt and Pepper, Garnished with a Celery Stick
- Black RussianVodka or Kaluha. It can be made a White Russian by adding milk.
- Bay BreezeVodka and orange juice, as well as pineapple juice.
Gin well drinks
- Gin and tonicWith a lime wedge.
- Gimlet:Simple syrup, lemon juice, Gin
- Tom CollinsYou can add simple syrup, lemon juice and gin to make this drink. It can also be made with vodka on request, called a “Vodka Collins.”
Rum well drinks
- Cuba LibreA lime wedge, rum, and Cola. Also ordered as “Rum and Coke.”
- Mojito:Mint, sugar, and soda water mixed together. There are many other options for making different types of mint muddled in juices, mixers and herbs.
- Daiquiri:Simple syrup, lime juice and rum
- Dark and StormyLime juice, ginger beer, and rum. It’s like a Moscow Mule but with rum.
Drink whisky well
- Whiskey SourWhiskey with lemonade, sour mix, or whiskey.
- Whiskey and coke This is more likely to be ordered with premium alcohol as a “Jack and Coke.”
- Whiskey highball Ginger ale or soda water mixed with whisky, with a lemon twist.
Tequila well drinks
- Margarita:Triple Sec, Tequila, and margarita mixes are all available. You can make many different margarita mixes, but the basic one is simple syrup and lime juice.
- Tequila Sunrise:Orange juice, Tequila and grenadine are the ingredients. The ingredients should be poured in that order to achieve the “sunrise” effect in the glass.
- Mexican Bay BreezeBay Breeze with Tequila as the substitute for vodka
Do you think your bar is doing well now that the well drinks are sorted? Speak to one our experts Today, let’s raise your standards.