Lead Generation Using Social Media: 5 Fantastic Resources for Pinterest
Hello again and Happy Tuesday peeps!
As you all know, I am continuing my series on lead generation using social media. So far, I’ve covered how to get leads using Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Today’s post (and the last of this series) covers lead generation using Pinterest.
If you are not familiar with Pinterest, it is a tool that you can use to create and share boards of bookmarked “Pins” – or topics, images, and other things that you are interested in.
For businesses, using Pinterest for lead generation is definitely worthwhile. Here are some interesting stats about the platform:
- Pinterest has 4x the conversion rates per click of Twitter and 27% higher conversion rates than Facebook (Source: Social Media Today)
- There are currently over 70 million users on Pinterest (Source: ExpandedRamblings.com)
- 92 % of Pinterest pins are made by women (Source: Marketing Land)
- Pinterest accounts for 25% of retail referral traffic (Source: Digi Day)
How to Generate Leads with Pinterest
There are several ways that you can generate leads with Pinterest. One of the easiest ways that I know for sure (and have tried myself) is to create images that link back to your website and pin them to boards via Pinterest.
Here lately, I have been using Canva to create images for the blog. Canva is an excellent and free tool that you can use to create graphics that include: Facebook covers, Pinterest, Blog and Website Graphics, Twitter Headers and more.
To get you started with lead generation for Twitter, here are 5 awesome resources for Pinterest:
- Hubspot – Pinterest Lead Generation 101: Best Practices and Hacks That’ll Make You a Pro
- Retargeter Blog – The Power of Pinterest for B2B Lead Generation
- Amy Porterfield – How to Use Pinterest to Increase Traffic and Grow Your List with Melanie Duncan (podcast)
- Betaout.com – Pinterest Lead Generation: The Definitive Guide
- Social Media Today – 7 Tips to Generate Leads Online with Pinterest
Cheers and Happy Pinning everybody!