Interactive Voice Response (IVR): How to Convert More with Less Effort
Since the first commercial use of Interactive Voice Response (IVR) in 1973, the value of interactivity in customer calls has grown dramatically to make IVR systems a must for many online businesses. Whether you sell software, theater tickets, or pizza, this highly effective tool to convert leads to customers can double, triple, and quadruple your sales and boost customer satisfaction with little to no effort.
How exactly is that possible?
Let’s dig into what an IVR system is and how you can leverage it to grow your business.
What Is an IVR System?
IVR is an automated system that collects information from callers by asking them a series of questions and providing a pool of answers to choose from. It is not something complicated – you must’ve dealt with IVR hundreds of times when you called a bank, internet service provider, or movie theater.
There’s no trouble understanding why, as a business owner, you may need an IVR:
- Waiting in a call queue for too long loses 40% of your callers
- Almost 60% of customers value engagement based on their past interactions
- Calls covert up to 15 times more leads than web interaction does
Installing an IVR system is about keeping pace with the competition rather than lagging behind. As such, businesses with high call volumes can’t afford to ignore the benefits of utilizing an IVR system.
How IVR Can Help Grow Your Business
Cloud-based IVRs lower installation and upkeep costs to the point where you are almost guaranteed a short or middle-term return on investment.
A fine-tuned IVR can:
- Improve user experience. When contacting a call center, you want to get the best solution to your problem – not listen to melodies while waiting in the queue – as quickly as possible don’t you? An IVR can process any number of callers simultaneously, giving them accurate answers and redirecting them to the relevant agent. A smartly designed IVR system is less likely to lose a lead as opposed to a human operator. What’s more, an IVR system can process transactions independently.
- Improve agent performance. As a customer, you want a knowledgeable agent on the other end, not someone who’s hearing about your problem for the first time. An IVR system uses questions and answers to connect you to the agent who already knows how to solve your problem.
- Keep your service available 24/7. IVR can process calls, requests, and transactions round-the-clock, maintaining the connection between the lead and your brand even when your customer support service is offline.
Above all, though, an IVR system will make your leads feel that you care about them and their time, which will help you close more sales and create a long-lasting relationship with your customers.
Out of Dozens of Options, What IVR System to Choose?
It is paramount that you choose a diverse and customizable IVR system that can handle all types of requests. Why is that important? Imagine a situation when a customer cannot find the option they need among those offered by the IVR. They will likely hang up and never call again.
When choosing and setting up an IVR system, make sure that it provides the flexibility you need, can be integrated with your systems, is easy to navigate for callers, and preferably is a cloud-based solution.
IVR from Phonexa’s Call Logic Bundle
There are IVR solutions out there, but the one we can undoubtedly vouch for is Phonexa’s Interactive Voice Response within Phonexa’s Call Logic product. Phonexa is an industry-leading lead management software and all-in-one marketing automation solution for calls, leads, clicks, email, SMS, accounting, and more.
Its IVR feature has proven to make customers happy and increase conversion by boosting call capacity, improving customer service, optimizing the sales funnel, and preventing call fraud.
Phonexa’s IVR comes along with about a dozen other robust solutions, such as voice recognition, call tracking and analytics, predictive modeling, and more breakthrough technologies from Phonexa. Every Phonexa product can be set up with a simple phone call.
For questions, or to learn more about Phonexa’s all-in-one marketing automation solution for calls, leads, clicks, email, SMS, accounting, and more, schedule a consultation, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (818) 800-0000.