How To Turn Failure Into Success For Your Ecommerce Dropship Business
You probably have tried so many times sorting suppliers, contacting potential partners, and handling demanding customers. However, your ecommerce dropship business is still stagnant, with a number of customers and clients backing out. You’re probably wondering if all your efforts will be paid off. Is this situation reversible?
Learn more about how turning your failure into success when it comes to managing an ecommerce dropship business by reading below.
Implement Smart Product Search
Dropshipping involves looking for the right products to promote or sell online without you having to take care of all the inventory or logistics. It means that your supplier or business partner will take care of manufacturing and sending the product to your customers. A customer purchases an item on your online store, and you get the payment and earn profits without handling the manufacturing and shipping.
As a dropshipper, you want to choose the best products to sell online. In that way, you can make a good profit or return on investment (ROI). But how do you know the best ones despite the tight competition in the ecommerce world? You have probably tried a couple of products, but these seem unsuccessful in impacting your ROI.
Here are some tips and tricks when choosing the best products to sell online as a dropshipper:
- Look for niche products. These are high search volume products but low in competition.
- Broaden your knowledge and skills in product search. It would take weeks or probably even months to know the best products to sell on your online shop because there are many experienced competitors out there. Check review sites, such as ecomdropshipreview.com, to broaden your knowledge about the ins and outs of dropshipping.
- Try to use Google’s Keyword Planner. It is a great and free Google tool to search for low competition products. Take your time to analyze the potential of each product. In that way, your online marketing efforts will be paid off with positive results.
Find the Right Supplier for Your Desired Products
Once you have found the right products to sell, it’s time to find the right supplier. This step is crucial to your marketing and development. The last thing you would want to do is hire someone who will build your site for your chosen products, and later on find out that you don’t have the right supplier for such products.
Finding a trusted and reliable supplier can be challenging. You have to take plenty of phone calls or go through each supplier’s website and find their contact numbers and email to be able to contact them and send a proposal. Before designing your logo, social media pages, or your website, make sure to contact potential suppliers. Make sure to get as many details as possible about the products you intend to sell.
Here are some tips when looking for the best suppliers for your products:
- Check the company’s website and see the vast range of products they are selling. It will give you a good idea of their inventory and product availability. Doing so will ensure that the company will be able to provide you with the products you need once your orders start coming.
- Contact the supplier and ask the right questions, most especially about product quality.
- Take into consideration the pricing but never compromise the quality of the product and service. If possible, you can ask for a sample of the product be sent to you for quality checking. Many products look good on photos but are not satisfactory in their actual appearance. Put yourself in your customers’ shoes and decide whether or not the product is worth paying for.
Add Value to Your Customers
Most dropshipping businesses that fold is due to their failure to acknowledge and appreciate their customers. Just because you’re not directly involved in manufacturing and shipping doesn’t mean that you won’t handle customers anymore. Don’t just settle for accepting customer orders and forwarding them to your supplier for fulfillment. Make sure to give value and deep appreciation to your customers, so you can turn them into loyal ones and promote your business through word-of-mouth advertising.
Here are some tips to make sure that your customers feel valued, encouraging them to come back and buy in your store again:
- Once the order has been received, send a personalized message to your customer confirming the order. Also, show appreciation for their business by writing a simple thank you message and addressing the customer by their first name.
- Ask your supplier to take photos of the item to be shipped and send them to your customers for their peace of mind.
- Provide updates of the whereabouts of the package. Your customers will surely appreciate you taking the time to provide such information.
- Make sure to answer all customer queries with honesty and show genuine concern for any complaints or problems that your customers encounter.
Pay Close Attention to Product Margins
Product margin is the measure of profitability of your ecommerce business. You will surely have products that will sell well and those that won’t sell at all. If your marketing strategies, such as discounts or free shipping, are not working, you have to work on another marketing model to achieve higher revenue.
Here are some tips to improve your sales:
- Promote your products on social media to boost your sales. This step is essential because many people look at their social media accounts. It’s also the best platform to target a specific audience based on your set criteria.
- If you don’t have time to create a blog site, hire writers, or a digital marketing agency or SEO company to do the job. This step is vital to ensure that you provide value to your visitors by answering their queries through helpful and informative web content.
- Draw more leads to your site by checking the best lead generation strategy through video or blog tutorials, or hire a professional lead generation specialist to do the job.
You can turn your ecommerce dropship business into a successful business by knowing the right products to sell, working with the right suppliers, and strengthening your marketing efforts. Take advantage of social media channels and hire experts if you’re not confident about your digital marketing knowledge and skills. This is especially true if you’re still starting and gaining experience.