How To Hire The Right Roofing Contractor For Your Business Needs
As a business owner, it’s your responsibility to keep a company building safe and free from any hazards, including exposure to the elements. This is where having a good roofing system comes into play. Just like the structural foundation of your building, the roof is considered one of the important components you should never take for granted.
Typically, when your building’s roofing system is leaking, the water can damage your products. Consequently, your business might incur significant financial losses during heavy rains. Due to these circumstances, it’s important to fix your leaking roof as soon as possible. Unless you’re an expert, you need the assistance of a commercial roofer to handle the job for you.
Finding the appropriate one for the project is never easy because some of them are unreliable and inexperienced. To make sure you hire the right roofing contractor for your business needs, below are a few tips to consider from the get-go:
- Come Up With A List Of Potential Roofing Contractors
Realistically speaking, you can’t hire the perfect commercial roofer if you haven’t narrowed down your options. With several contractors available in the market, getting the right one can be difficult without a shortlist of your potential roofers.
Hence, to come up with your list of options, one of the things you need to do is ask for recommendations from family and friends. If they had a positive experience with a contractor, they’ll be happy to recommend that person or company to handle your roofing project. Apart from recommendations, you can also search for a variety of options online. The Internet can be a good source of trustworthy roofers since most of them are visible online, and would more or less try to keep their reviews favorable.
- Verify Credentials
Once you have a list of prospective roofing contractors, the next step is to conduct a background check to verify their credentials. By doing this, you’ll know your prospects better and in turn, help you make a sound hiring decision.
To check your prospects’ credentials, the following are some things to consider:
- License: Make sure to find out whether or not your prospective roofing contractor is licensed and registered by the government. In most cases, the government authorities require commercial roofing contractors to carry a license. So, don’t forget to ask them to show proof of their license. And if they can’t, it’s time to leave and consider another option.
- Insurance: Any roofing project can be a dangerous undertaking. Hence, it’s important to ask your prospect whether or not they’re insured. Know if they have a general liability insurance to cover your business building in case it’s damaged while the roofer is working. And a workers’ compensation insurance to cover contractors in case they’re injured at work.
- Experience: One of the biggest hiring mistakes is to hire a commercial roofing contractor who has no experience. If you hire folks that are new to the business, they may provide you with a poor job, which may cost you hundreds to thousands for additional repairs. To avoid this loss, be sure to check your potential roofer’s years of experience by asking for their portfolio, and calling their previous clients to ask if they’re satisfied with their jobs.
- Read Online Reviews
Many businesses and organizations are reviewed on several online review websites. Thus, if you want to learn more information about your potential roofing contractor, you can simply visit these review websites to figure out if they’re worth hiring. Typically, the reviews listed on these sites can give you valuable information about their service quality, reliability, and customer service.
Aside from review websites, you can also check the company’s site and social media accounts to get customer testimonials, and see if you should hire them for your commercial roofing project.
- Consider A Local Contractor
To ensure you find the right roofing contractor, it can be a good idea to consider first the local ones or those within your area. When you hire a local roofer, you can take advantage of their availability and warranty perks. In case you urgently need them, the distance between your commercial address and their location won’t be a hindrance in tackling your concerns promptly.
Moreover, when it comes to warranty, hiring a local roofer can be a good idea because they can easily fulfill their promises immediately. Sometimes, if the professional is very far and out of reach, your warranty can become null and void. Surely, this scenario is something you don’t want to happen.
- Compare The Prices
While it’s important to factor in the price when hiring a roofing project, you should still consider other factors for the decision. This means you shouldn’t compromise the quality of the roofing project over a professional who offers cheap rates just to attract customers.
It’s important to note that gaining business for roofing contractors doesn’t always have to do with offering cheap prices. If you need to hire someone based on costs, it’s best to compare the prices provided by several contractors, and pick the right one who suits your budget and needs.
The Bottom Line
Indeed, dealing with a commercial roofing project can be a daunting experience. But, with the help of the right roofer, you can get your building’s roof repaired or replaced properly. Therefore, if you’re looking for someone who can do the job for you, keep these tips in mind, and you’ll become confident with your hiring decision.