Automation Singularity, Ensure Successful Journey with Automation Services
Intelligent automation is proven crucial to the various ongoing enterprise transformation. The growing importance of robotic process automation and intelligent automation is the need of the hour for businesses to reinvent different models to deliver business processes with more incredible consistency, speed, accuracy, and personalization. Every enterprise that invests in RPA solutions to execute and create intelligent automation roadmaps agreed that it further helped drive business acceleration, improve customer experience, and make more informed decisions.
Successful automation service journeys are focused on these four areas:
§ Strategy: It is always difficult for business leaders to navigate the ever-changing landscape of innovative technologies. However, a well-curated design with a long-term integration plan for automation technology will ultimately enable a more significant, creative business vision. This long-term integration strategy will encourage early centers of excellence (CoEs) to provide quick wins to show automation effectiveness and build momentum, facilitating long-term goals. It will eventually support equal participation from all the business units, which includes leadership and IT.
§ Sponsorship: To establish automation for business, organizations must get executive-level buy-in from the board of directors and C-suite. Executive-level subsidy encourages two-way street communication about various aspects of the automation strategy. This further ensures the inclusion of overall business objectives at multiple levels of the automation program and prevents incorrect prioritization of business processes for the automation journey.
§ Skills: Today, people are at the center of every big or small initiative. To drive maximum automation success and ROI, every organization needs to reskill its employees. This upskilling with the help of automation technology supports innovation and agility, encouraging them to work with software bots in day-to-day operations for many more years to come.
§ Platform: Choosing the right venue is the epitome and achieving higher goals on an automation journey is the key in today’s business. The platform has to handle various enterprise concerns regarding security, reliability and scale.
This first and foremost step is focused on redesigning customer journeys, identifying process automation opportunities, and managing the performance of overall automation blueprint in day-to-day business.
This step is about implementing the right technology stack followed by selecting the right combination of unattended and attended automation. Needless to mention but the unattended automation is strongly controlled and is used for routine but yet simple processes. Whereas, in regards to attended automation, people, robots, and software share responsibility. These are further divided into two approaches with the help of attended automation:
§ Robot helper: Each employee is paired with one robot, supporting all high-volume template-driven activities in a day-to-day scenario.
§ Captain and crew: Here, employees are assigned to be in charge of a group of robots.
In the last step, tasks are linked by several processes here with the help of various long-running formats of workflows. This is done to ensure efficiency and improvement of day to day operations.
The most impactful processes are:
- Impacting both revenues and cost: Impactful processes are expensive for customers touch. For example, quote-to-cash can be costly if pricing rules are not clear. The speed and effectiveness of the quote-to-cash process can either break or make a sale.
- High volume: A key benefit of RPA is the reduction of human effort. It would help if you started automating your highest volume processes first.
- Fault-tolerant: If a process can not handle any errors, its automation should either be deprioritized, or a quality control process shall be in the picture to ensure that automation errors get caught on time.
- Speed-sensitive: Any processes that can delay the delivery of services to customers are good candidates for automation as automation can make processes instantaneous.
- Requiring irregular labour: Since finding temporary work is difficult. Processes with varying labour demands force companies to employ for weak peak demand. RPA robots can quickly scale up or down, efficiently managing peak demand.
Today the concept of automation singularity proposes that robots and humans work together to create the ultimate hyper-productivity, which is not possible separately. This further results in a seamless collaboration between digital workers and humans rather than a battle for power and dominance. It provides the employees with the ultimate freedom to focus on value-added tasks, both fulfilling and higher-level.