6 Best Ways to Improve Ecommerce UX
If you are running an ecommerce business, then you know that bringing traffic to your online store and increasing conversion rate is not as simple as most people think.
It takes more than your website design to improve user experience (UX) on your ecommerce store.
UX is all about having the right component on your website that will enable visitors to navigate your website easily and complete their goals more efficiently. You must optimize every site element with the customer in mind, right from the structure, landing pages, and other elements.
Do you want to learn more about improving ecommerce UX? Well, in this article we investigate five different ways to improve UX for your site and make those sales this year.
1. Respond to customers on social platforms
How you interact with your customers is one of the most important aspects of your business. You want to ensure that your customers can give you the feedback you need to improve your brand.
Therefore, you should improve how you communicate with your customers through the customer care desk and, most importantly, social media.
You can have social media links and buttons on your website to encourage visitors to follow your brand on social media. Ask your customer to connect with you on social platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
When customers comment and ask questions about your brand on social media, you should try as much as you can to respond. This is one way of showing customers that you care.
It can also help with establishing social proof for your audience and marketing your brand on social media. You can learn about social media advertising to improve your outreach and sales.
2. Create trust with your customers
You can gain trust from most of your visitors and customers when you have a more transparent website.
That means your website should have more information about your product details, about the company, company policies, and shipping information. You can even opt for value added warehouse services to reduce shipping costs and increase trust.
When you establish a more transparent website, you make your customers believe in your brand and remain more confident to purchase from your store. You should strive to avail customers all the information they need to make buying decisions whenever they log in to your ecommerce store.
When you create trust and ensure transparency in your site, you improve the user experience.
Here are other ways to create trust with your online store:
- Tell a story: When you tell customers how your journey has been, you can easily win their hearts. Your audience can view you beyond the product you are offering and understand where you are coming from.
- Know your target customers: You should know who you are offering the product and service to. Start by researching your customers’ pain points and look forward to addressing them on every product and service you offer. You can use an AI-powered chatbot to connect with your customers in a friendly and familiar way. Answer bots can assist prospects during their buying journey and make the task of a live chat assistant easier.
- Share honest customer reviews: You can also share honest reviews on your site to make customers trust you. Don’t hesitate to publish negative and positive reviews about your products. Most customers need those reviews to make a buying decision when shopping online.
- Share video testimonials: There is no better way to engage with customers and convince them than using video testimonials. Create and share video testimonials with your visitors. You can invite brand ambassadors and influencers to create videos you can publish on your website. This will make customers believe in what you have to offer them.
Other ways to make visitors trust your brand are to build a reputation in the marketplace and offer excellent customer care service. Always ensure your customer care desk responds to customer inquiries on time.
3. Make your website mobile responsive
Most people accessing your online store are probably doing that on their mobile phones. Over 3.5 billion people are using their mobile phones to gain access to the internet. This data shows that it is vital to make your website mobile responsive to drive more traffic.
Today, most online businesses have launched a mobile app that customers can install on their phones and access their services.
Another fact you should know is that most of your visitors are likely to abandon carts or tasks if they realize your website is taking minutes to load. Yes, when it takes a minute for your ecommerce website to load, a visitor is five times more likely to bounce. If you want to minimize bounce rate, you should optimize your website for mobile. Here is what to do:
- Build a mobile-friendly website
- Include plugins on your website to make your website responsive and ensure users a seamless experience
- Keep the website design simple
- Use a large font size for every content you publish on your site
- Turn the autocorrect to forms
- Ditch all the text-blocking ads and pop-ups on your website
- Make the size of the buttons large enough to be noticeable on the site
- Make it easier for customers to find important information on your site
4. Maximize website loading speed
Most people visiting your website are busy and have a shorter attention span. That means if your website takes longer to load, they are more likely to opt-out.
Customers expect a rapid response when they visit your website. They will abandon a website that takes a long time to open. You can get in touch with an online marketing consultant to improve your site SEO and page speed.
Your customers expect you to provide a faster and smoother shopping experience. Therefore, you are at risk of losing your customers if your website takes longer to upload. In fact, a second delay in loading time reduces customer satisfaction by 16%. It can also result in a 7% decrease in customer conversion rate.
If you want your website to load faster, you should:
- Use third-party tools like Gzip that can compress large CSS and HTML files on your site
- Optimize your image sizes: You can reduce images sizes to the recommended size using online image editors like Canva and Pixlr.
- Reduce the number of redirects on your site
- Improve server response time.
- Leverage browser caching
- Use tools like Pingdom and SEMrush to test your speed
- Use Content Delivery Network (CDN)
5. Focus on a simple and secure checkout process
Another way to boost user experience on your site is by implementing a simple and secure checkout process for your customers.
Checkout time is how long it takes your business to seal the deal. That means, when a customer finds a product or service they want to buy, it should take the shortest time possible to seal the deal.
Streamline the checkout process as much as you can to improve UX. If you have a complicated checkout process, most of your customers are likely to leave your store.
Additionally, you should provide a more secure ecommerce environment where most visitors don’t have to doubt your site. For example, you can publish the SSL certificate at the bottom of your website to give your customers some assurance that any information they share on your site is kept confidential. Choose to include plugins that can secure your website.
You can consider the following points if you want to boost the customer checkout process:
- Only ask customers for their payment information at the end of the process
- Add Google Autofill on your site to reduce the time it takes your customers to fill forms
- Embrace a mobile-friendly design
- Give your customers that option to buy a product immediately or continue shopping
- Always remind a customer that they have added another product to the cart
- Add more checkout buttons on your website
- Make the checkout process as secure as possible
6. Reward your customers
When you reward customers for their actions, they are more likely to do it again. That is how the human mind is designed. Customers will always flock where they are appreciated for the efforts they make.
So, it is that simple. Always reward your customers as soon as they complete a conversion action. You can do this by:
- Giving gift cards to frequent customers
- Awarding customers reward points for every product they purchase
- Offer gift coupons on your site
- Give shopping discounts
- Earn reward points on sign-ups
- Launch a referral program and reward customers who refer others to your store
Yes, there are a lot of ways to improve the user experience on your website. Ideally, when visitors get the best experience on your site, they can stay there for long, and this increases your conversion rate.
As a business, you should focus on implementing the tips shared in this article to boost UX and increase your sales in the end. These simple solutions will boost your financial gains as an online business. You can learn more tips on how to improve your ecommerce and stay ahead of the competition.