What Is the Best POS System for Restaurants?
A point-of-sale or POS system refers to a system typically used in the retail and restaurant industries. A POS system is designed and programmed to help business owners and managers track sales, cash flow, inventory, staff management, and other crucial processes.
If you own a restaurant, make sure that you check out POSUSA’s restaurant POS list to find a system that is right for your needs. Here are some of the best POS systems for restaurants:
TouchBistro is an iPad POS system specifically designed by restaurant service experts to cater to the unique needs of the industry. It is equipped with useful tools that are intended to streamline processes like menu planning, inventory tracking, payment processing, and order management.
Here are some of the top features of TouchBistro:
- Check out is a breeze since the wait staff can easily bring the POS system to each table. Because the system is mobile, customers don’t have to leave their table to pay bills or to place orders. This self-service system can be more efficient and cost-effective since it reduces the workload of your staff members.
- The customer-facing display options are also customizable so you can configure it to fit your specific needs.
- The system also offers a resource management tool through its scheduling and inventory tracking feature.
- This POS system has a table management feature to make it easier for your staff to seat customers quickly and ensure the accuracy of the orders that are made and sent out.
Rezku is another iPad cloud-based POS that offers a robust set of tools to make it easier for you to increase productivity, boost profits, and track your expenses.
Here are some great features to expect when you choose Rezku:
- This POS system allows you to keep track of food waste and monitor your inventory so that you can identify where you are incurring losses.
- The system has a tool that enables you to get the right costing for each item in your menu. You only need to enter the costs of all your ingredients and the system will automatically calculate the total cost of each plate.
- With its comprehensive and intuitive sales reports, this POS system lets you assess your sales data and figure out crucial information such the high performers among your staff members or your bestselling and worst-selling products.
- The system has staff management capabilities, including scheduling and payroll.
- One of the best things about this POS system is that it does not charge gateway fees for each transaction. In fact, the developers of the system pride themselves in having the least integrated processing fees among all existing POS systems in the market.
Harbortouch is a versatile POS system featuring low processing rates and multiple payment solutions such as Apple Pay, EMV chip cards, Android and Samsung Pay, and NFC. It also offers 24/7 access to data and reports.
If you are thinking about choosing Harbortouch for your restaurant, here are some compelling reasons to do so:
- This POS system has CRM or customer relationship management features that allow you to provide your customers with gift and loyalty cards.
- It has an ATM service wherein a machine can be installed to boost foot traffic in your restaurant. The providers can also install hardware to scan and verify checks prior to acceptance to prevent check fraud.
- The system has an online reputation management features that gather and organize ratings and reviews from multiple platforms. You can easily check new reviews and respond to any concerns that your customers may bring up.
- The system features a high level of security through tokenization, which is a measure that encrypts sensitive data. Tokenization provides both the restaurant owners and their customers with an added layer of protection against hacking and credit card fraud.
- Square for Restaurants
Square for Restaurants is a cloud-hosted POS system that currently only works with iPads, although plans are in place to make it available for Android devices. Although it is hosted on the cloud, it can work well even without an Internet connection.
Square for Restaurants offers a wide range of desirable features, including the following:
- This POS system offers standard credit and debit card payment processing. One great thing about this system is that it aggregates merchants, which means that all payments from all clients are consolidated into a single merchant account managed by Square. This saves you from the hassle of opening your own merchant account.
- The system also offers a range of menu management options so you can easily create different types of menu items and change them depending on the time of day or occasion. Discounts for events such as a happy hour can also be easily applied.
- The system comes with an intuitive front-of-house management solution that enables you to fully customize your floor plan, have designated areas for each server, assign orders to the right seats, and keep track of all open and occupied tables.
- The system can also update customers on how a specific dish will be ready, so that they can better manage their expectations and keep them up-to-date with their order.
ShopKeep is another iPad POS system that makes booking, registrations, staff management, and even marketing so much easier for restaurant owners.
Here are some of the essential features of this incredible POS system:
- The system runs on a hybrid setup. That is, it can locally from an iPad or a specific Clover device. Whenever there is an Internet connection, data is synced to the cloud. Even without a reliable connection, the app can run most of its features. However, it can only take payments offline if you are using a Clover device.
- The system comes with its own card processor so you don’t have to find, install, or apply for your own. If you already have an existing merchant account, you can easily integrate a third-party card processor.
- You can maintain several payment registers on the system. This means that you can easily merge, split or transfer payments among multiple accounts.
One of the key ingredients to keeping a restaurant successful is efficient management. With the right POS system, you can monitor processes and offer top-notch service that will keep customers coming back for more.