Top Effective SEO Tools Every Business Owner Should Know
Optimizing your website for search engines and outranking your competitors in SERPs is an overwhelming task. The SEO tools for businesses make your job less complicated and improving your site’s SEO (based on data and analytics) gets easier.
What SEO tools to use as there are hundreds available to choose from with overlapping features. You can’t try all of them one by one to see what works best. The list of the top SEO tools for businesses in this article will put your SEO ride on the right path.
All the tools in the following list are unique with no overlapping features. Each tool helps you deal with a different SEO area. Let’s get started.
The first SEO tool that any business needs is a keyword research tool that will help you find the most suitable keywords in your niche. Ubersuggest is a popular yet effective freemium SEO tool that will help you solve multiple SEO problems.
Here is an overview of the major Ubersuggest features:
- You can analyze keywords, generate keyword ideas, find related keywords, and get historical keyword data for search volume.
- It generates content ideas based on already ranking content. You can check the backlinks, primary keywords, estimated traffic, and other critical data for ranking pages in your niche.
- Analyze competitor sites, inspect backlinks, and find what keywords they’re targeting.
- It has a robust site audit feature that helps you identify SEO related issues on your website.
- You can use the rank tracker to monitor keyword ranking for keywords you plan to rank for.
- The backlink analysis tool gives you a complete overview of backlinks to any URL.
What Ubersuggest does best: Keyword research, competitor analysis, backlink analysis, and site audit.
Price: Free to use for life. Premium plans start from $29 per month.
2. Google Analytics
You can do SEO without Google Analytics. It is an awesome free analytics tool that provides you insights into your website traffic, visits, behavioral analytics, and other useful data. If you use Google Analytics right, it alone provides you with heaps of data that can help you significantly improve your website’s SEO.
The main Google Analytics features include:
- Customized yet user-friendly dashboard that shows you historical traffic data.
- It shows you real-time traffic statistics.
- It shows you data on traffic sources, locations, demographics, technology, behavior, bounce rate, and other essential metrics.
- User flow helps you understand how visitors interact with your website.
- It gives you complete data on landing and exit pages with time spent on each page.
- You can create goals and funnels to understand the visitor journey.
What Google Analytics does best: Website traffic analysis, audience insights, and behavioral analytics.
Price: Free to use for life.
Outreach, link building, and building relationships is an important SEO aspect and this is why you need to use BuzzStream. It is a sophisticated outreach tool that helps you reach out to influencers and bloggers building relationships. Building quality links that move the needle gets possible with BuzzStream.
Here is what it offers you with:
- You can research prospects with BuzzStream Discovery that has a database of influencers.
- Quickly find prospect data from any URL. It will find names, emails, social accounts, and other data automatically.
- Segment lists, send emails, follow ups, and track your email campaigns.
- It helps you keep track of the links and campaigns.
- One-click follow ups and email reply feature.
- Chrome extension lets you send emails right from your browser.
What BuzzStream does best: Outreach and link building.
Price: Plans start from $24 per month. All plans come with a 14 days free trial.
Promoting a business in a specific location and improving ranking locally is an altogether different game. If you want to promote your business to a specific location or have a physical business, BrightLocal is the SEO tool you must use. It is an all-in-one local SEO tool that helps you take control of local SEO. It has three different platforms: Local SEO, Reputation Management, and Citation Builder.
Let’s explore the main features of BrightLocal and what it has to offer you with:
- It has an easy-to-use interface that anyone can use without training.
- It tracks local rankings and audits your website for local SEO errors.
- Inspect and fix all the citations that your business has.
- It has a citation builder that helps you create and own citations on important sites.
- With its reputation management tool, you can generate, monitor, and manage reviews on several local sites.
- Google My Business audit helps you find errors and optimize your listing for better visibility.
What BrightLocal does best: Local SEO.
Price: Plans start from $29 per month. You can try it free for 14 days.
5. PageSpeed Insights
Website load time plays a crucial role in SEO. The site load time is a Google ranking factor, you need to make sure your website loads quickly. PageSpeed Insights by Google is one of the best free SEO tools to check your website speed for both mobile and desktop. It scans your website and gives you clear recommendations on how to improve load time.
The major PageSpeed Insights features include:
- A simple-to-use tool that takes less than a minute to analyze your website for desktop and mobile.
- It scores your website between 0-100 based on its improvement. This quantification helps you better understand where your website stands.
- You get opportunities that show you how to improve load time by tweaking your website.
- It provides you with clear instructions on what to do and how to do it.
- Problematic elements on your website that take time to load are highlighted with instructions on how to fix the errors.
- A detailed description of passed audits show you tests that your website has passed successfully. Use this data to tweak other websites you have.
What PageSpeed Insights does best: Site load time audit with clear suggestions to improve load time.
Price: Free to use.
SEO is essential for your business. Even if your focus is on paid traffic, you still need to have a fully optimized and search engine friendly website. SEO impacts your brand, credibility, and reputation. You never know when your audience starts searching your business in Google and they might not find it at all (due to poor SEO).
An optimized website doesn’t just rank better in search results, but it provides visitors with exceptional user experience. Don’t take it lightly.
The SEO tools covered above are all essential for your business because they have unique features. The best part: Most of these tools are free (except BuzzStream and BrightLocal). It is time to give a jumpstart to your website’s SEO with tools that are best in the market.