Requirements for an Entry-Level Azure Architect
Azure, or Microsoft Azure, is a cloud computing service created and provided by Microsoft. It provides services for various applications, from building and testing to the final stages of deploying and managing those applications. The arch-rival of Amazon’s AWS and Google Cloud, Azure services are provided through Microsoft-managed data centers.
Based on the utility of its services, more and more companies are moving towards Azure. As Microsoft reports, more than 95% of the Fortune 500 companies are today relying on Azure for their cloud computing services. Because of this trend, there is an increasing interest among students and IT professionals to enter this field and give wings to their cloud computing careers.
To become an Azure skilled professional, you need to clear an exam. Microsoft offers various exams based on different job profiles, the most popular among them being “Azure Solution Architect.” Therefore, it is best recommended to enroll in an Azure Architect certification course; otherwise, it can be a Gargantuan task to clear these exams.
How to Become an Azure Solution Architect?
To become a certified Azure Solution Architect, you need to clear two exams.
- AZ-303 (Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies)
- AZ-304 (Microsoft Azure Architect Design)
The exams were earlier known as AZ-300 and AZ-301, but Microsoft updated the new versions of these two courses and renamed them accordingly. As is evident from their names, the two courses focus on both technological and design aspects of the Azure solutions.
You can directly appear for these exams without requiring any other lower associate certificate. However, since this is an enormous course on the high end, it is recommended that you gain adequate knowledge before appearing for the exam. It is better for those with some basic Azure development knowledge and skills related to cloud computing and DevOps. A good choice can be to go for an introductory course like “Microsoft Azure Administrator” before jumping into this domain.
As mentioned earlier also, it is recommended to join an online certification course before you start your career with Azure. Online Azure Architect certification courses make you familiar with the Azure platform by teaching:
- Deploying and Configuring Infrastructure
- Creating and Deploying Apps
- Master Cognitive Services Solutions
- Authenticating and Securing Data
What are the Job Roles Required by an Azure Solution Architect?
The job roles of an Azure Solution Architect are vast in scope as they overlook various departments and serve as the interlinks between them. Depending on the requirements in an organization, the day-to-day work of a solution architect can include the following things.
- Develop a solution for cloud computing services based on the requirements of the client.
- Hold meetings at regular intervals with clients to understand their concerns and demands and present your solutions to them.
- Leading a team of Azure certified professionals and other employees working on delivering the solutions developed.
- Call upon the management to discuss the changes in solutions, the latest technological advancements, and ways to enhance the infrastructure.
- Ensure a smooth cloud migration process.
- Minimize risk factors and consider the life cycle of the project to maximize the outputs.
- Develop a business continuity strategy. This includes making arrangements for future failures and other crisis scenarios and considering provisions that can scale the projects.
What are the Skills Required by an Azure Solution Architect?
Although AWS occupies 32% market share as of April 2021, and Azure occupies only 19%, most top-notch companies are shifting towards Azure services. Therefore, career prospects for an Azure certified professional can be more lucrative. To bag the best job, there are some additional skills you need to possess. Details related to this are mentioned below.
- Different cloud services like Infra, IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, OSS, etc.
- Database Management and SQL
- Programming languages like Java, Python, Ruby, C++, etc. and other script languages.
- Different Operating Systems (OS) like Windows, Unix, Linux, MacOS, Ubuntu, etc.
- Networking concepts like DNS, HTTP, communication in the form of TCP/UDP, IP addresses.
- Knowledge of components like Routers, Switches, Firewalls, etc,
- Project Life Cycle (PLC) and System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) components.
- Cybersecurity and allied concepts. Being familiar with ethical hacking and other cybersecurity principles can help avert security threats.
In addition to these core skills, candidates also need to possess soft skills and behavioral skills to secure a long-lasting career. Since this role demands a lot of interaction with people from different fields, you need to have:
- Persuasion skills
- Skills to put forward your proposals
- Business Acumen
- Leadership skills
- Planning and organization skills
What are the Jobs and Salary after Azure Certificate?
Since most top companies are shifting their cloud services to Azure, there is an upsurge in demand for Azure certified professionals. Some of the top jobs available for such candidates are listed in the table below, along with the average salary offered.
|Job Role||Average Salary Package|
|Azure Cloud Architect||$119,487|
|Cloud DevOps Engineer||$100,821|
|Azure Big Data Specialist||$84,955|
|Cloud Account Manager||$113,825|
|Azure Networking Specialist||$54,236|
|IaaS Cloud Operations Engineer||$81,325|
Which are the Top Companies Recruiting Azure Certified Professionals?
Some of the top companies recruiting Azure certified professionals are given in this table below. These include Fortune 500, top MNCs, and various other organizations and firms.
FedEx services also recruit Azure professionals to manage their cloud services.
So if you are also someone who is familiar with a bit of cloud computing skills and is looking to advance your career, then pursuing a course in Azure can be the game-changing decision you are looking for. Wait no more, and join an online certification course in Azure Solution Architect now!!!