Making the Best Out of Facebook for Affiliate Marketing

Facebook has been and will continue to be a social platform for people around the globe to connect and interact. It doesn’t matter where they are from or what they do. Facebook is open for all. For this reason, it serves as a suitable platform for affiliate marketing. Businesses have been taking advantage of this platform for promotional purposes. You don’t need to own a product or service to make money on Facebook. You can use facebook for affiliate marketing. How to Use Facebook for Affiliate Marketing ?

1. Promote Your Affiliate Links With Facebook Groups

This is one of the most popular ways of marketing on Facebook. The best way to exploit this golden opportunity is to create a group consisting of your target audience. This means that your target audience must be suited to, and aligned with what you want to advertise. Facebook recommends groups for users based on their interests and group history. You may also join existing groups and promote your affiliate links there. Just make sure you’re not breaking any rules and your marketing technique isn’t aggressive. 

2. Create a Facebook Page for your Brand 

Apart from taking advantage of Facebook groups, an official brand page will also keep your audience updated. Pages are especially useful if you already have a running blog for your business, as it is also a wonderful way to put the word out there. Even if you don’t have a blog, you can link individual posts to your ads directly on your Facebook page. Interested users will use the contact button to reach out to you for more information. 

3. Invest in Facebook Ads

Everyone who uses Facebook knows that ads are a sure way to get good, targeted visibility, and ultimately, a larger audience in a short time. This investment will surely yield wonderful returns in time when your reach spreads even further than you know. With customized, valuable, and targeted ads, you can have a steady and responsive audience for your affiliate marketing campaign. While you are not allowed to post or promote affiliate links directly on Facebook, you can use the ads to garner a large audience that will be likely to view and even purchase the product.

4. Get Attention With Images

Keep in mind that it is easier to view a picture while scrolling digital content than to read a Facebook long and boring text. This will come in handy when you are using Facebook ads. Be sure to use images and visual aids. Make sure your pictorial illustrations are unique and engaging. Facebook is competitive so you must stand out if you want to thrive.

5. Post Responsibly

It is imperative to monitor your Facebook posts, and ensure that you create posts that are both engaging and relevant to your audience. Since not everyone appreciates being bombarded with ads, you can keep your audience engaged, while advertising. Most affiliate marketers make 80 % of their posts engaging, relevant, and (most importantly) shareable. These posts have nothing to do with promotions, at least not directly. The remaining 20 % of their posts could be directed to promotions.


According to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), you have to state that you are about to share an affiliate link before you share one. This is to avoid any setbacks or penalties that may arise as a result of sharing an affiliate link directly. Always be smart in your marketing campaign.

Adam Hansen

Adam is a part time journalist, entrepreneur, investor and father.