All you Need to Know About Custom Labels and Stickers
The printing industry has been revolutionised by digital technology, and it is possible to have custom labels and stickers printed on a wide range of substrates. You might have a retail outlet and require price labels, or you need some stickers for your shop windows, and if you need labels for your logistics, these can be tailored to suit your needs. Prior to placing an order, there are many factors to consider, which include the following.
- Indoor or Outdoor Use – This is an important consideration, as exterior use might need weather protection. How long the products will be in an outside environment is something to consider, and the supplier would have special UV and long-term inks that are best suited for your requirements. If you are looking for custom labels in Melbourne, there are online suppliers who can tailor the products to suit, and they can easily be located with a simple online search.
- Temperature Exposure – This is another factor to take into account, and with special inks that can handle extreme temperatures at both ends of the scale, you can rest assured the ink will remain unaffected by extreme temperatures.
- Coding – If you incorporate bar or QR codes, for example, these can be added to the labels, which makes for quick identification. This allows you to incorporate your systems into the labelling, and by discussing your needs with an established label supplier, you can be sure of the right design.
- The Substrate – What material will the labelling be printed on? This is an important aspect, as the supplier would have a range of products that would include different types of adhesives for either smooth or textured surfaces. If the labelling will be stuck onto curved surfaces, there are special adhesives for this, while the supplier would have other applications that match your needs.
- Working to the Customer’s Budget – An established labelling provider would be able to work to the customer’s budget in most cases, and in the event this is not possible, they would explain all of your options, allowing you to make an informed decision.
- Surface or Rear Printing – The ink can be protected by printing on the rear of a clear substrate, depending on your needs. Some food products require special non-toxic inks that will not run when coming in contact with liquids, and by discussing your needs with the supplier, they can create a label that ticks all the boxes.
- Custom Colours and Design – In a retail environment, labelling is an integral part of your branding, and an established label supplier would be able to help you design the ideal products that enhance your branding.
Printed labels are an essential component to any successful business and by talking to a market leader, you can be sure that your labelling is ideal for your unique needs. If you would like to explore the potential of custom labels and stickers, an online search will put you in touch with an established company who can design and create the perfect labelling.