6 Ways to Grow Your Ecommerce Business
Technology is everywhere we turn. From having vehicles that can park themselves to having the ability to deposit checks with our smartphones, there is no denying how convenient and popular these technological advances have become. Another trend that has been popular for years is online shopping. Consumers are willing to spend hours scouring the Internet for websites that sell products or services that will be of use to them. For this reason, starting an ecommerce business can be a smart move for those emerging entrepreneurs out there.
But how do you compete against the millions of other websites that viewers will also have the opportunity to browse? It won’t be easy and will take long, dedicated hours, but it can be done if these tips are consistently followed.
- Network. While your website is slowly climbing it’s way up the Google rankings, networking with professionals in your area will help you get the word out. One way to get your name and face in front of the right people in your industry is through trade shows. An Oxford Economic Study reported that business executives found 5 to 20 percent of their new customers through trade shows and expos.
- Do not forget about your current customers. Although you are trying to grow your clientele, do not forget about those individuals who have loyally been doing business with you since you set up your website. Consider offering customer loyalty cards as a way to acknowledge your current customers with rewards and discounts. Also, offer an incentive to customers who do bring new buyers your way.
- Expand your demographic. Your products or services may be geared towards a specific demographic, but you are limiting your business by marketing towards the one type of client. Broaden your horizons and open up your marketing efforts to more than one gender, profession, and age.
- Provide samples. Perhaps residents are hesitant to try the products or services you are selling. An excellent way to remove this barrier is by having samples available. Samples can be mailed out to those residents who live in your area. If your business offers services instead of products, offer a free service as a way to entice intrigued buyers to check out your business.
- Use social media. Websites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn offer ad space for those entrepreneurs who are trying to get the word out on their business offerings. These ads will pop up on the sidebar of popular social media sites in order to attract viewers to its link. Google Adwords can also help increase traffic to your website because ads are placed on the side of the search engine and only appear during relevant searches.
- Know your customer. Knowing the type of person you are trying to attract to your products or services will make it easier to determine how to reach those individuals. Do they view certain websites or social media sites? What are their hobbies? Do they read offline newspapers and other media sources? If you can answer these questions, you will be able to find effective ways to target your marketing efforts towards them.
These tips should help you grow your online ecommerce business into a successful one. If you ever feel like you are in need of selling or trading foreign currencies, FX-List will provide you with a list of brokers who will help get the job done. Best of luck to you as you increase your sales and improve your feelings and mood toward your new website.