5 Ways to Boost Your Shopify Store Sales and Retain Customers
The eCommerce space has expanded lately, in large part due to the pandemic. Many entrepreneurs have chosen to launch online retail stores or make the transition from a brick-and-mortar business to a hybrid online/offline model.
Either way, starting an online store takes work. Whether it’s deciding on a design, figuring out the best place to host the site, or adding and maintaining inventory, there’s always one more item on the to-do list. It seems like the work never ends! Not to mention the fact that once you’ve set up shop, you still need to get the word out about your new online store.
If you’re still stuck on how to attract more traffic to your site, here are five tips guaranteed to help increase views, boost sales, and engage (and retain!) your customer base.
- Understand Your Audience – Before you can start selling, you have to understand who you’re selling to. Who is your ideal customer, and what do they like? What sorts of things capture their attention? To curate an ideal shopping experience for these customers, you should get a feel for who they are and how they operate. Consider taking time to poll your current customer base or create a buyer persona for your business. This will save you additional time and stress in the long run when finalizing and maintaining your eCommerce site.
- Take Advantage Of Your Network – If you want to spread the word about your online business, the people around you are a great place to start. Encourage your friends and coworkers to share information about your online store with their extended networks and on social media. You can even create your own hashtags for an even more significant boost to your online branding.
- Consider Alternative Shopping Methods – The internet offers many options for your customers to experience your online business, and you should embrace the variety. Showcasing products on Facebook Shops or Instagram Shopping is a great way to help new customers find your products. You can also use tools like Pocketfied to build and release an app in less than 24 hours. This means that your customers will be able to download your app the same day it’s made, with no turnaround time for approval from AppStore or Google Play.
- Utilize Upsells and Cross-Sells – Not sure how to keep your customers’ attention once they’ve added an item to their cart or made a purchase? If you catch their eye with products they likely missed the first time around, they’re sure to hit that “add to cart” button. Or, better yet, bring an item they may have looked at previously back to them for a second consideration.
- Don’t Get Stagnant – Once you have your Shopify store set up and ready to sell, you’re done, right? Not true! Make sure that you and your team are maintaining your online store in a way that makes customers excited to go back and see what you have to offer. Check to see if your site is easy to navigate, photos are easy to view, and the interface is attractive. Also, don’t be afraid to switch up colors and layouts every so often for special holidays and sales.
The Shopify platform is an excellent tool for starting an online store. We hope that the tips above will help you effectively boost sales and retain your audience so you can build the business of your dreams.