10 Insightful Twitter Statistics for Small Business
Are you currently using Twitter in your social media marketing efforts? Or are you totally confused by the platform and are not sure what it can do for your? If you are, then I am hoping one of these best small business ideas will get you on board with signing up for and using this platform.
So what exactly is Twitter?
Twitter is a micro-blogging and social media platform that allows you to send out messages –most commonly referred to as “Tweets” with up to 140 characters to your “Followers”.
To be honest with you, I didn’t realize just how powerful “Twitter” can be until up until a few months ago. Here’s what happened: I tweeted a blog post from Small Business Sense entitled 5 Tips for Using LinkedIn and Meetup Groups to Get Appointments.
Sometime later, a contributor from the New York Times re-tweeted my blog post to his followers and also linked to the post from the New York Times small business website! Woot Woot!
In case you need more ammo, here are 10 Twitter stats for small business and a few tips that you can use to get more followers and gain more exposure for your small business:
- As of 2014, Twitter currently has approximately 750 million users (Venturebeat.com)
- 70% of small businesses are on Twitter (Search Engine People)
- Twitter engagement is 17% higher on the weekends (Bufferapp)
- 85% of followers feel more connected with a small business after following them (Twitter.com)
- 67% of Twitter users are more likely to buy from the brands they follow on Twitter (MediaBistro)
- 42% of consumers learn about products and services via Twitter (Convinceand Convert.com)
- Tweets that include links are 86% more likely to be retweeted (Bufferapp)
- The more you tweet, the more followers you will have (Beevolve)
- 63% of people follow Small Business to show their support for them (Twitter.com)
- 42% of Twitter users use Twitter to learn about products and services (Edison.com)
Awesome stats right?
Here are 7 Quick Tips for Using Twitter for your business:
- Create a great Twitter profile for your small business. Here are some tips on how to do this.
- Find out who the “influential people” are in your industry and start following them. Please be sure to interact with them as much as you possibly can.
- Use images as often as you can. For example if you are a real estate agent you can get 3d renders by Rendervision made to make your property more appealing.
- Retweet helpful tips, articles, resources and other information to your Twitter followers. Trust me, they will love you for this.
- Apart from that, social media is an important part of your overall internet marketing strategy which involves SEO as well. And for that you need links, so try PBN links by T-RANKS, a widely popular service for many marketers today.
- Tweet on regular basis. I suggest at least 2 or 3 times a day.
- Network with other like-minded individuals in your business niche.
If you enjoyed this post, I would heart you for sharing it with your friends on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter. Thanks all!