If you are planning to head out on vacation or step away from your office for a few days- creating an out of office autoresponder email message is essential (and even more important for email marketing purposes).
I’m sure that at some point in your business endeavors, you have received one of these types of messages when reaching out to your customers and business associates.
What are autoresponder email messages?
An autoresponder email message is a notification that you receive when the person you are trying to reach is out of the office. These messages typically give you (some) of the following information:
- How long the person you are contacting is unavailable (dates, etc.,)
- Who to contact in their absence
- The persons return date
The Kind of Messages You Shouldn’t Send:
Business communications—even when you are away from the office should be professional. Here is what you shouldnt send….
“I am currently out of the office and probably out-of-my-mind drunk. Enjoy your workweek”
7 Professional Out of Office Autoresponder Email Messages
If you are stumped on figuring out what information to add to your email to manage your presence while you are away autoresponder messages, here are 7 examples– and fill in the blank templates that you can use as a reference and guide:
Thank you for your email. I’m out of the office and will be back at (Date of Return). During this period I will have limited access to my email.
For immediate assistance please contact me on my cell phone at (your cell phone number).
I will be out of the office from (Starting date) until (End date).
If you need immediate assistance please contact (Contact Person).
I will be out of the office starting (Starting Date) through (End Date) returning(Date of Return).
If you need immediate assistance during my absence, please contact (Contacts Name) at (Contacts Email Address). Otherwise I will respond to your emails as soon as possible upon my return.
Thank you for your message. I am currently out of the office, with no email access. I will be returning on (Date of Return).
If you need immediate assistance before then, you may reach me at my mobile – (Mobile Number).
I will be out of the office this week. If you need immediate assistance while I’m away, please email (Contact Email Address).
I will be away from (Date) until (Return Date). For urgent matters, you can contact (Contact Person).
Thank you for your email. Your message is important to (Us/Me) and (I/We) will respond as soon as possible.
Instructions for Setting up Autoresponder Email Messages using 4 of the Most Popular Email Clients
- Microsoft Outlook – “Out of Office” notification instructions
- Gmail – instructions for setting up an autoresponder with Gmail
- Yahoo Mail – instructions for setting up an autoresponder with Yahoo Mail
- Outlook.com – instructions for setting up their autoresponder with Outlook.com
Dressing up Your Email Communications..While You’re Away
While you’re away on vacation, you don’t have to use the standard and boring out of office templates.
With Wisestamp, you can easily turn your out out of office emails into a marketing asset.
Here’s what you will need to do:
1. Create your email signature with Wisestamp . Here is a step by step guide that you can use to do so.
2. After you have created your email signature, Hit Control + A to copy it.
3. Head over to your vacation message template, and Hit Control + C to paste your signature into your out of office notification.
This way, when someone contacts you while youre on vacay, they can still:
- Check out your social media profiles and networks
- Check out a recent blog post that you have written
- Download a freebie or incentive that you are giving away (granted that you add a link to your email signature in Wisestamp)
Here’s an example of one that I created in Gmail:
If you enjoyed this blog post, I would love for you to share it with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. Cheers!