What to Look for in a Business Internet Provider in Los Angeles
California ranks among the top states with the widest Internet coverage in the U.S. More than 9 in 10 have access to broadband internet with speeds of 25mbps or faster. About 94.7% enjoy Internet speeds of 100mbps or more.
According to the report by The Internet Association, a high-speed connection is crucial for small businesses. Part-time businesses and remote workers are the biggest winners. The internet has provided them with more affordable means to trade services and goods.
In California, these remote workers operate exclusively in the digital space. They need a reliable business internet provider in Los Angeles, so they do not miss out on deliveries, client calls, and important meetings.
As you might imagine, the intermittent connection is bad for business.
Here are some factors to consider before choosing a business internet provider Los Angeles:
- Bundled packages. This makes it easier to audit your bills. With unbundled costs, you need to track these fees on top of your base internet broadband connection. Spectrum Business offers free domain name, free WiFi for the customers, and free email, as well as a security suite backup. These are essential for your business. The bundled packages may also include a mobile data connection.
- Speed matters. For instance, reputable service providers offer 200mbps for businesses. This kind of service is 8x faster compared to your traditional DSL broadband, which is around 25mbps in Los Angeles. At those speeds, you do not have to worry about interruption even at peak hours.
To give you an idea, Netflix says that 5mbps of speed is enough to watch movies in HD. Internet speeds of 25mbps will allow you to view content in 4K. Game streamers, meanwhile, need at least 6mbps to stream games at 60 frames per second with 1080p resolution.
- Consistency. Some internet providers advertise their download and upload speeds when the conditions are optimum. However, they did not tell you about the acceptable speed ratio, which speaks volumes of the operator’s network. The acceptable speed ratio refers to the number of times the download data exceeds 5mbps in a day.
Your network provider may have no problem hitting 100mpbs, but what happens during peak times? What happens when you have multiple devices streaming at 4K simultaneously?
- No Hidden Charges. If you ever wondered why your monthly data charges fluctuate, that is because of the hidden fees. Your internet service provider might have added some costs with a purpose that you’re not aware of, or you do not understand. They might be a few dollars here and there, but they quickly add up if you’re not careful.
Among the charges that might reflect in your internet bill are:
- Telecom surcharge in the county
- Universal service fund (by state)
- Universal service fee (federal)
- Connectivity charges
- Equipment rental.
- Availability. The network provider must have 24-hour toll-free assistance for troubleshooting and repair needs. If you rely on the internet for livelihood, you must make sure you are connected all the time.
Your choice of the ISP is crucial to the success of your business. Do not be tempted by the low offer. As you can see, there are other factors besides the cost, so choose a reliable network provider that offers high-speed internet and great service for your businesses in California.