Employee Management Apps For Small Businesses
Running a small business can be quite tasking. In the beginning, you might be managing two to five employees. It makes sense to take on all the administrative tasks. But as your company grows, you will need help. An OfficeMax survey found that small business owners wasted more than 4 billion hours yearly on administrative tasks. Forty-one percent said it reduced their passion and zeal for running companies. If you’re looking to boost productivity and organization or simply your life as an entrepreneur, a good business app is what you need.
With the right employee management app, you can save time and money. Have these features in mind when thinking of HR apps.
- Onboarding and Training of new and current employees
- Employee record keeping. Keep copies of relevant documentation for your workers. This can be especially useful when deciding what benefits to offer. For instance, multiple factors influence the cost of disability insurance. Having records of your employees helps with that.
- Benefits administration. Let your workers sign up for benefits and manage their options.
- 401(k) and retirement savings plan management
- Recruitment/applicant portal for prospective employees.
- Payroll management
- Reporting and Performance review options to keep track of what your employees are doing and their career progress.
- Self-service options. These allow employees to request time off or update their details, such as a new spouse or other dependants for insurance purposes.
- Time clock and attendance. Manage shifts and time tracking for employees.
Before deciding which app to go for, check out our top 4 HR apps.
This app is great for handling your payroll, taxes, and benefits packages. It makes these processes more efficient. Gusto handles new-hire reporting, onboarding of online workers, and filing all local, state, and governmental taxes. It also automatically deducts benefits and workers’ compensation payments. Digital payment stubs are then emailed to all employees.
QuickBooks allows you to track your business transactions, expenses, view business statements, pay vendors, and workers. You can also keep track of unpaid invoices and maximize your tax write-offs. It links to your accounts either your bank, PayPal or credit card, and uploads information seamlessly helping keep track of your finances.
This is an excellent organization app. It helps you stay on top of all your duties and work tasks. Asana helps improve communication and collaboration. You can view jobs and projects and track the process on the Asana board. Notes, files, and communications can be shared without having to email them. It also has Google Drive and Dropbox integration.
SaaS BPM is a productivity business process management software that integrates all processes across your entire organization, including recruitment and onboarding.
Expensify makes managing business trip expenses easier. By linking your card to your Expensify account, and the app directly places the charges as it compiles the report. Alternatively, you can take pictures of receipts, and the app extracts the information needed. You can then compile the report yourself in a matter of minutes.
Take your time and check out different options. Come up with a list of three apps that suit your needs and test them out. See which one works best for you, and you’ll start seeing the benefits in no time.