Driving Qualified Traffic to an Ecommerce Store: The Importance of Scalability
You must ensure your traffic sources are scalable when running an eCommerce store. What does that mean? It means that you need to ensure that you can continue generating traffic from each source as your business grows.
If you’re only relying on a single traffic source, and that source dries up, your business will suffer. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the importance of scalability and how to make sure your eCommerce store is ready for growth!
As we all know, the Facebook IOS14.5 update caused many businesses to suffer due to the reduction in traffic, targeting, and attribution. Many businesses relied on Facebook ads as their only source of traffic, and the update caused their businesses (and cash) to collapse.
It’s important to make sure that your eCommerce store is ready for any changes that might occur and that you have a plan for how to continue driving traffic even if one of your sources dries up.
There are a few things to keep in mind when thinking about the scalability of your traffic sources.
- You need to ensure that each source can generate the amount of traffic you need to sustain your business. If you’re only relying on eCommerce SEO, for example, and you’re not getting enough visitors to your site, you’ll need to find other ways to generate traffic.
- Ensure that each source is scalable. That means that as your business grows, you should be able to continue to generate traffic from each source. If you’re only relying on paid traffic, for example, and your budget doesn’t allow for growth, you’ll need to find other ways to generate traffic.
- Understand your overall conversion rates from each platform. What does that mean? It means that you need to track how many visitors from each traffic source are converting into customers.
- Make sure that your traffic sources are diverse. If you’re only relying on a single traffic source, and that source dries up, your business will suffer. Diversifying your traffic sources will help protect your business from sudden changes.
There are a few things you can do to make sure your eCommerce store is prepared for growth:
- Diversify your traffic sources: don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Make sure you’re driving traffic from various sources, including social media, email marketing, paid ads, and organic search.
- Splitting your marketing budget into different channels is a great way to test what is most effective. Doing this lets you determine which channels drive the most traffic and conversions and focus your efforts on those channels. You can also determine which channels are not performing well and stop allocating resources. This allows you to save money and invest only in what is working.
- Monitor your traffic and conversions: keep an eye on your metrics to see how well each channel performs. By doing this, you can quickly identify any changes or dips in performance and make necessary changes to your strategy. The importance of scalability cannot be understated.
- Adding personalization to your content is important because it helps to improve customer engagement and can result in more sales. Personalized content is more relevant to customers, who are more likely to read and act on it. When you personalize your content, you also show that you care about your customers and their needs. This can help build trust and loyalty, which are important for eCommerce businesses.
- The lifetime value of a customer is an important metric to consider when running an eCommerce store. It’s the estimated amount of revenue a customer will generate over the course of their lifetime with your business. This metric is important because it helps you understand how much you should spend to acquire a customer. If you know the lifetime value of a customer, you can invest more money in acquisition without breaking the bank.
- Understand your audience: know your target customer and what they’re looking for. This will help you create content and products that appeal to them and drive the right kind of traffic to your store.
- Invest in marketing: don’t skimp on your marketing budget. Invest in various marketing channels, and ensure you’re constantly testing and tweaking your campaigns to get the best results.
Running an eCommerce business is a lot of work. You need to make sure you’re scaling your business correctly, which can be difficult to do on your own.
That’s why working with an eCommerce digital marketing company specializing in growing eCommerce businesses is important. They can help you navigate the waters and prepare your business for growth.
The bottom line is that when running an eCommerce store, it’s important to make sure that your traffic sources are scalable. By diversifying your traffic sources and ensuring each one can sustain your business, you’ll be prepared for growth! Thanks for reading! We hope this was helpful!