Does Microsoft 365 Offer Protected Email Services?
What is Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 is a cloud-based subscription service that brings together the best tools for the way people work today. By combining best-in-class apps like Excel and Outlook with powerful cloud services like OneDrive and Microsoft Teams, Microsoft 365 lets anyone create and share anywhere on any device.
Is Microsoft 365 the same as Office 365?
No. Microsoft 365 is a subscription that includes the most recent version of Office, which is currently Office 2019. Microsoft 365 also includes other productivity and collaboration services such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and Skype for Business Online.
Does Microsoft 365 offer protected email services?
Yes. Microsoft Office 365 offers a variety of email services that can be used to protect your organization’s data. Here are some of the most popular:
- One of these is the Exchange Online Protection (EOP) service, which provides advanced spam and malware filtering for your Exchange Online mailboxes. EOP can help to keep your organization’s data safe from attacks by malicious software and hackers.
- Another email protection service offered by Microsoft 365 is the Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) service. ATP provides comprehensive protection against sophisticated threats such as zero-day attacks and phishing attempts. It also includes features such as automatic sandboxing of suspicious attachments, which can help to prevent infections even if a user opens a malicious attachment.
- Microsoft 365 also offers the Rights Management Service (RMS), which can be used to encrypt emails and attachments. RMS uses information rights management to control who can access and use email messages and attachments. This can help to protect sensitive information from accidental or unauthorized disclosure.
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an important security measure that requires users to confirm their identity using more than one factor. MFA can help to prevent unauthorized access to your organization’s data, even if a user’s password is compromised.
- Data loss prevention (DLP) is a data security feature that can help to prevent sensitive information from being accidentally or deliberately leaked. DLP can be configured to scan emails and attachments for sensitive information, such as credit card numbers or Social Security numbers. If sensitive information is found, DLP can take action to prevent it from being disclosed, such as blocking the email from being sent or quarantining the attachment.
- Mobile device management (MDM) is a security feature that can be used to manage and secure mobile devices that are used to access your organization’s data. MDM can be used to remotely wipe data from lost or stolen devices, block unauthorized access to corporate data, and enforce security policies on mobile devices.
Microsoft 365 provides a variety of tools and services that can be used to protect your organization’s data. EOP, ATP, RMS, MFA, DLP, and MDM are all important security features that can help to keep your data safe. By configuring these security features to work together, you can create a comprehensive security solution for your organization.