5 Ways You Can Make Money Playing Video Games
Every gamer wants to be paid for playing video games. Fortunately, there are ways to make that dream come true. If you are an avid gamer, you can turn your hobby into a profession. There are not many mainstreams companies in this industry, but a few can make you some dollars. Different gaming sites offer various ways to make money online. Here are five ways you can make money playing video games.
- Become a Tester. All video game manufacturers have to test their games before releasing the final version. The job is not as fun as you might think. You can spend several hours playing one section to check for bugs. You also need to live somewhere close to the game studios. Though you are not going to make much as a beginner, you will end up making around $50,000 a year once you become experienced.
- Join an eSports Team or Tournament. eSports are the only serious way to make money as a gamer. However, you need to be a skilled and experienced player. The pool prize amounts to $1 million from $100,000. For instance, in 2017, Epic Games’ Fortnite spent around $100 million to pay gamers. If you are an experienced gamer, you will find online tournaments that offer prizes for winners. All you have to do is prove your worth by beating other gamers. PC games such as League of Legends have tournaments that offer you an opportunity to make money playing video games. In a tournament, you will need to find a team of skilled gamers to win the game. If your group becomes the winner, money is split between you and your team members.
- Farming Gold and Items. Gold farming involves buying and selling items for the game’s currency type. You grow your character and move up in the game. In gold farming, you can find cold and sell it in the real world. For example, in World of Warcraft, the game allows you to go on raids and collect dropped items for sale. You can also find gold and sell it for real cash. The amount of money you can earn depends on the type of game and the item you are farming.
- Live Streaming. One of the most sought out ways for gamers to make money is live streaming. Live streaming websites like Twitch and YouTube allows skilled players to broadcast themselves while playing games. MoneyMozart.com provides a guide on how you can make money on Twitch. If you have many followers, you can stream videos daily and make a lot of money. However, your commentary must be engaging to lure many followers.
- Creating Game Guides and Reviews. If you are a successful gamer and already know how to make money playing games, you can share your experience through writing game guides, blogs, and eBooks. You can also write reviews of different games and give honest opinions to other gamers. Once you get a large audience, you can monetize your blog, reviews or eBooks with Google AdSense and earn money through ads.
These five ways will earn you legitimate cash. Gamers can now make money from their addiction.