Happy Thursday all and welcome back to my blog post series on Lead Generation using social media. Today’s topic of discussion is on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn came on the scene in 2002 and has grown to boast more than 300 million users – making it the world’s largest social media network for professionals. I personally have had the opportunity to network and meet with some great people via LinkedIn, and have actually been invited to speak at events regarding topics that I have posted content on using this platform.
In terms of using LinkedIn to drive leads and for marketing, here are a few stats that you most likely never knew:
- Linkedin drives more direct traffic than any other social media platform (Source: Shareaholic Blog)
- 91% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to distribute their content (Source: Business2community)
- Some 77% of B2B marketers plan to increase their use of LinkedIn, versus 54% of B2C marketers (Marketingcharts.com)
How to Generate Leads with LinkedIn?
I’ve rounded up some great resources on lead generation using LinkedIn to accomplish this and here they are:
- Social Media Examiner – Lead Generation with LinkedIn
- Small Business Trends – 13 Creative Ways to Use LinkedIn for Lead Generation
- ChrisMakara.com – 6 Ways to Use LinkedIn Groups for Lead Generation
- Inc.com – 10 Ways to Generate More Leads and Referrals with LinkedIn
- Business2Community – How to Leverage LinkedIn for Lead Generation and Recruitment
Again, I wish you all a very Happy Thursday and hope that you enjoy your Memorial Day Holiday Weekend. If you enjoyed this article, I would love for you to share it via Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.