Happy Wednesday all!
Invoices can be very effective marketing and promotional tools for small businesses. Yet, they are one of the most overlooked places for communicating offers and incentives to customers.
So, this begs the following question…Are you effectively using your invoices as additional marketing collateral in your business?
How to use invoices for marketing purposes
There are several types of incentives, offers and marketing messages that can be communicated to your clients via your invoices. According to Inform Billing and PB.com, here is a list of 10 different ways that you can use your invoices for marketing purposes:
- Offer referral incentives to customers that bring in new clients
- Share a “raving” customer testimonial
- Announce a new product or service offering
- Add a QR Code with a video marketing message (PB.com)
- Add a link to a Free Report or Educational Guide for your customers to download
- Ask your customers for feedback on your products or services
- Offer a sneak peek of new products and services
- Upsell your services
- Offer a discount code only available through an invoice
- Acknowledge your loyal customers/clients
5 Free Online Invoicing and Billing Tools
Need an invoicing tool for your business? Here are 5 Free online invoicing programs that you should check out:
So tell us, how are you marketing to your customers via invoices? I would love for you to share your ideas with us.